MY SOULMATE...

                                                         MY SOULMATE…




You would not believe it but it did happen to one of my neighbor, Kajal di. She lives with her parents just few blocks away from my house. She was a joyful girl, admire by everyone. During my childhood I used to go at her home for learning craft and painting. We used to have lots of fun together, she treated me like her own sister, she loves narrating stories, and I loved her company so much but there was an aunty who admire Kajal di like her own child. Aunty lives in the second floor with her aged husband. Aunty usually sit in Kajal di’s room and listen to her all day, she was very much attach to her and they were more like friends who share everything. Whenever I go for my classes in the evening, aunty will be always there, sitting next to us and listening to us like an innocent child, and it seems like both of us were learning from Kajal di. My parents admitted me in the city for my high school programme so I was fully detached from my home town for full two years.

My exams went well and I was waiting for my parents to pick me up. I was excited to go home and meet Kajal di because she was getting married in a month and I have so much to tell her about my school and many other things. My parents were supposed to pick me up early but they were late and I was fuming around. It was late in the evening when we reach home but I still insisted in meeting Kajal di, so mom took me with her. When we reached she welcome me just like before, everything was same, it feels like it was just few days back that I was here with her but the only thing which was changed was, that aunty was not present and Kajal di seems more beautiful now. We went inside her room and started our conversation. We talked about this and that and somehow I end up asking about aunty. She told me that aunty and uncle have expired few months back and she misses her company a lot but she often feels her presence. I ignored her last sentence not knowing the reason behind it.

Few months later Kajal di got married and I was left all alone. I missed her like anything. I have actually nothing to do and summer was long and has to wait for colleges to open for admissions. It’s been just two weeks but Kajal di started to come home very often but I have never got much time to have a proper conversation with her. At first I decided not to interfere in her matter but I began to see her quite often and now she would not even talk to me properly. I was feeling anxious for her; I wanted to know the reason for her unusual behavior so I decided to talk to her mother. I speak to my mom about this and asked for her help.

It was noon and sun was straight in our head but we walked through the blocks to meet Kjjal di’s mother. When we came, she was on the phone with Kajal di and we could see her tears rolling down. She tried to calm herself down and attended us. Without even giving any hint she began to speak her everything. She told us that something bad is happening with Kajal and nothing is helpful yet. All strange things started after the death of the lady who lives upside, the same aunty. Kajal began to complain that she often feels the presence of someone near her and she never want to leave the house. The presence use to startle her often and she was getting disturbed. We tried her taking to the doctor and every other possible means but nothing is helping her but when the marriage was fixed we thought that everything will be peaceful but everything is getting worse day by day and she end up coming here almost every day and her mother started to cry like a little baby. We tried our best to calm her down and came back home.

I was awake all night. I was restless for every second. I was scared too. What does aunty meant by the presence or the connection of the death of that aunty? I began to think about her a lot and I end up requesting mom to visit her but actually there was nothing we could do to help her. And I did not really understand her problems. Colleges were opening up and I started to pack up my things. I requested mom to visit Kajal di before I leave for my college. We went but we came to know that she is now admitted in the hospital. Mom called up dad and told him to pick them up as we all were going to the hospital. We reached hospital and I could see Kajal di’s mom and dad and some familiar neighbors but no one has come from her husband’s side. Everyone was either talking to doctor or themselves. I was eager and worried as well to know about Kajal di, one aunty was sitting next to me and I could not wait for mom to come up and explain everything to me so I asked this aunty.

The very sentence she said was, ‘this is not a medical problem’, and she noticed my confused face and told me in detail. Kajal di is possessed by the soul of that aunty and it is believed that some soul never leave this human world even after their death, they end up attached to some valuable things of their own or even to some other person. As soon as she finished her sentence, I could feel my hair pimples. I was not able to understand what to say or not.

My parents came to me and we all leave for home. When we reach home, mom told me that Kajal di is admitted in the psychiatric department and as per now she is not permitted to meet anyone. She is not mentally stable now. I was so over confused with my thoughts that I was not able to understand what my mom was saying. I went straight to my room and started to analyse my thoughts. I did not remember how I slept but it was not comfortable. As soon as I woke up I went straight to mom, she was having her morning tea. I told her that one of the aunties has told me about Kajal di, so I pleaded her to explain the reality. At first mom resisted that but she decided to finish my anxiety.





Mom told me that Kajal di was much admired by the old lady who lives upstairs and it is said that when a person dies, some part of that person is left behind and they reside in their valuable things. After that lady passed away, your Kajal di began to feel something unusual and always the presence of someone. She often ends up waking up in the night. After she was married, she began to leave her husband’s house at odd hours and come here and sits like a statue in her room. When she was asked about all this, she told everyone that she misses home so much that she become restless as soon as she leave her porch. But now she not only comes here abruptly, she is often found in the cemetery where the lady is buried. Sometimes she cries and pleads everyone to kill her so that she does not have to live like this because she knew that the soul has resided on her.

I was terrified after listening this. I can still see her pretty face. I cannot just imagine all this happening to her. I was feeling helpless and I was feeling anger for that lady. I wish I could just help her somehow because it is gas to lose someone so innocent and naive. I wish that somehow medical science would find some cure for such inexpiable illness.

I will not know how it would feel like to have a presence and unable to see it. I will not know how it feels like to come into senses in the middle of nowhere. I will not know how it feels like to live a life where you know that something is wrong with you but nothing in this world can help you but this much I know that Kajal di has never done anything wrong in her life, she has never hurt anybody so I have a faith that someday she will be cured and she will tell me a new story like always whenever we meet. And from now my prayer always have a request to Almighty to keep my parents healthy and cure the sufferings of Kajal di and at last for the soul of the lady, I pray for her restless soul to rest peacefully and leave my Kajal di.            

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *